CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It’s in the small stuff

Hi Friends!

We are in our LAST full week of school of the year! I can’t believe it. This time of year we are doing all kinds of odds and ends. I think it might be safe to say that the kids are starting to ‘check out’. Ha! It is getting harder and harder each day to keep their attention. Do you ever feel like the microphone just isn’t on, and you wonder if anyone can hear you? Yep, starting to get that way!

I had to share something sweet that a few of my girlies did for me today! I’m sure if you have ever had kids of your own, or worked with kids before you have got the ‘beautiful’, yellow flowers that grow in the grass this time of year. Yes, I’m talking about dandelions! Well today, I didn’t just get a small bouquet; I got a whole mountain of beautiful flowers! A few of my kids pointed out that they are just weeds, and who would want weeds? They are right. They are weeds. And while they will die in a few short hours, I have to admit that it is really sweet and I do love getting them. As I reminded my darlings today, they might be a weed, but it is the thought that counts. I think that is a lesson that we can all remember, as I reflected on my own words today. It is the thought that counts. It is the small things that you do for others that make the biggest difference. Hopefully, this picture of my BEAUTIFUL flowers will help us all remember to remember it’s in the small things!

Speaking of ‘small stuff’, in other news, our baby chicks should HOPEFULLY be hatching any time now. In fact, I’m starting to get a little nervous because they haven’t arrived yet. This year, we were lucky enough to get the new and improved incubators that are on the market.

The incubation process, for all of those that didn’t know like me, is 21 days. We’ve had these little guys since the beginning, and with our new fancy incubator, have been able to watch the whole process. We even had a microscope that attached to the top where we could watch the changes that take place.
Well, it is now day 22
and still no chicks. YIKES
I have to tell you, I’m really hoping to come in to the classroom tomorrow and see baby chicks! I’m hoping that at least one decides to come out. :S

I will keep you posted as to what happens with the little chickies!

I hope that everyone is having a good week!
Take care,

~ Mrs. Christensen  
Empathy Adaptability Communication Arranger Developer





0 comments:

Post a Comment