CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer is here!

Hi Friends!

Yay! It is officially summer! Or at least for our school it is! The weather is absolutely PERFECT today, and I must say that I am taking full advantage of it. J I planted some flowers in the yard, did a little yard work, and went for a run. My sweet puppies are even enjoying the beautiful weather. This is my little darling Kash.

I decided to give him a haircut today, which was slightly unsuccessful. It looks more like the lawn mower got him, but the good news is he has ‘shaggy’, crazy hair by nature, so it doesn’t look to bad. Ha! Poor baby! Oh well, it’ll grow. J

Even though summer is here I have been playing around with school stuff. I know, I know. It is summer and I’m supposed to not be thinking about school stuff for a bit, but I honestly love working on crafty things. This was something fun and crafty that I’ve wanted to do for a while, so when I saw fabric on sale, well I couldn’t help myself! This is also a fun idea that you could do with your kiddo at home as a fun craft that can possibly spur them to do some summer ‘practice’. The other great part isit is pretty cheap to make!


All you need is a clipboard (
$1.88 at Walmart), and then 1/4th yard of some cute fabric. I used a patterned fabric and a solid color fabric. Cut the fabric into strips. Then all you need to do is tie the fabric in knots around the top part of the clipboard, alternating the patterned fabric and then solid fabric. I then took a permanent marker and wrote inspirations quotes on the board. They are super fun and cute!

I hope that you’re enjoying your time off and taking advantage of the weather.
Take care!

~ Mrs. Christensen  
Empathy Adaptability Communication Arranger Developer

0 comments:

Post a Comment